Thank you for considering a volunteer roll within LiFE OF HOPE! Your volunteerism of time, talent, and resources are will be a tremendous gift to helping us achieve our mission.
HOW YOU CAN SERVE AND CREATE A HOPE-FILLED LiFE FOR WASHINGTON COUNTY RESIDENTS, WHILE HAVING A TON OF FUN…
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT TASK FORCE (MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS)
LiFE OF HOPE needs 6 Mental Health Professionals from in or around Washington County to join our program development task-force. Together, you will assess reviews and recommendation of 12 identified evidence based suicide prevention programs already in use throughout the United States. Through peer discussion and in keeping focused on the 4 established LiFE-Saving initiative’s, you will vet each evidence based program for effective influence on the following core interests:
(1) targeted demographics (clearly define for each initiative and match to best evidence based program available)
(2) purpose for each LOH initiative (clearly define for each initiative and match to best evidence based program available)
(3) necessary time, talent, and resources for implementation and effective sustainability
(4) historic outcome measurements and proposed measurement tools
(5) financial cost of implementation and ongoing management
VOLUNTEER TIME COMMITMENT: It is estimated that each member of the LOH Program Development Task Force will be asked to volunteer approximately 10-15 hours of time, spread out over a three month period.
ADDITIONAL INFLUENCE: It is believed that the medical community (doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, EMT’s, etc) should also be invited to the discussion of program offerings. PLEASE SHARE THIS OPPORTUNITY with those you know from within the Washington County healthcare system and ask them to join our LOH Program Development Task Forces as well.
For more information, contact Deeatra at 262.429.1556.
YOUTH IMPACT COMMITTEE (ages 14-22)
Join the Youth Impact Committee and help meet the LiFE OF HOPE mission: reduce the number of reduce the number of suicide attempts thereby leading to a natural reduction in the lives lost to suicide.
COMPRISED OF: high school and college age youth from all seven Washington County high schools (West Bend East/West, Kewaskum, Hartford Union, Slinger, Germantown, and Kettle Moraine) and College/Tech School campuses. The ideal size of this committee will be 20-25 members with a minimum of 3 youth from each Washington County community.
3 “REALLY GREAT REASONS” TO JOIN THE YOUTH IMPACT COMMITTEE
- You have the opportunity to serve as a voice, representing your youth peers in the development and implementation of a LiFE-Saving mission.
- As a volunteer, you will be contributing to the Washington County community in a direct and positive way by making a difference in the lives of others who struggle with suicide ideation through fundraiser and special event support.
- You can list your volunteer hours and impact toward NHS, Key Club, and other groups requiring service hours… and on your professional resume / college applications to enhance your likability with potential employers and colleges.
And… as a BONUS REASON… It will be a SUPER FUN experience that you seriously will want to share with others!
Members of this committee will participate in the following tasks/activities:
- Meet once a month to discuss LiFE OF HOPE (LOH) business and share “youth perspectives” on topics such as the LOH Youth Education initiative, student involvement in the LOH mission, observed/experienced youth risk-factor challenges, volunteer needs for promoting LOH events.
- Delegate and assume additional volunteer opportunities/tasks as needed to support the LOH mission and related program events. Volunteer tasks may include (but not limited to) :
- Event(s) promotion – pass out flyers and hang up posters at local businesses
- Attend special community events as a volunteer in support of successful and enjoyable experience for those in attendance
- “LIKE” the LOH page on Facebook and “SHARE” posts with Facebook friends to help spread the LOH message
- Refer LOH website/resources to others within the community to help spread the LOH message
- Participate in LOH initiatives (community forums, peer-to-peer support groups, youth education, and mental health assistance) to share personal perspectives on each initiative/
- Share questions and report program concerns to co-committee chairs and/or LOH Executive Director, Deeatra Kajfosz
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The LiFE OF HOPE Board of Directors plays an invaluable role in maintaining self-management through the creation of structure, policies, and procedures that support responsible governance. The term “board” encompasses a variety of duties, from routine tasks such as preparing a schedule of board meetings to actions with broader impact such as securing operational funds for the continuance of services. The following provides an overview of the LiFE OF HOPE Board of Director Positions.
AREA OF INTEREST: ALL AT LARGE
As a newly formed 501(c)3, non-profit, we HOPE you will consider serving on the LiFE OF HOPE Board of Directors. As such, we will look to you to provide mission-based leadership in an effort to meet the budgetary and LiFE-saving initiative based goals as defined by the Board and Executive Director. This is an extraordinary opportunity if you are passionate about LiFE OF HOPE’s mission and have a track record of board leadership.
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the Executive Director, Board President, and peer Board members
- Review objectives and outcomes for evaluating the organizations impact
- Contribute toward strategic planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan, tracking and measuring progress in relation to identified target outcomes for continued improvement
- Assist in the development and approve annual budget, audit reports, and material business/organization decisions
- Contribute to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Assist the Executive Director and peers in identifying qualified Board members who embrace the LiFE OF HOPE mission
- Serve on committees or task forces, accepting special assignments as needed
- Act as an ambassador for the organization, making LiFE OF HOPE a philanthropic priority