HOW YOU CAN SERVE AND CREATE A HOPE-FILLED LiFE FOR WASHINGTON COUNTY RESIDENTS, WHILE HAVING A TON OF FUN…
- Social Media and Website Updates
- Sign and Literature Distribution
- Event/Corporate Sponsorship Promotion for Financial Contributions
- E-Newsletter (feature story) Writer
- Grant Writer to Attract Funding from Foundations
- Facilitators for our AHA Community Connections Program
MORE “VALUED VOLUNTEER” OPPORTUNITIES AND DETAILS:
BECOME A LiFE OF HOPE CERTIFIED Q.P.R. (question. persuade. refer.) INSTRUCTOR!
Q.P.R. Certification training is an evidence based training designed to help participants gain an awareness of statistics, known risk factors, recognizable behaviors, and the proven, 3-step process for SUICIDE INTERVENTION. YOU CAN SAVE-A-LiFE! PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! ~ Call 262.429.1556 for an application.
LiFE OF HOPE – Candidates Must Have:
- A strong volunteer or work history, demonstrating dependability.
- Transportation and time available to attend and complete the 8-hour or online, Train-the-Trainer” instructional course to become a Certified QPR Instructor.
- Be available to teach QPR in Washington County.
Use Your Lived Experience to LEAD HOPE PEER SUPPORT GROUPS!
Similar to other peer-to-peer support groups, persons experiencing similar thoughts, behaviors, beliefs, and struggles relating to suicidal ideation, within themselves or a loved one, benefit from the autonomous environment of sharing and healing. If you have are thriving beyond suicide ideation / attempt or healing beyond the loss of a loved one, serving as a HOPE Peer Support Group facilitator can be a great gift to yourself and those you support through their similar LiFE-Journey.
HOPE Group facilitators MUST be a Certified Peer Support (OR) have completed the Motivational Interviewing course. FULL and PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! ~ Call 262.429.1556 for qualification details and an application.