- WHY do you want to share your talents, and experience as a member of the LiFE OF HOPE staff? (What difference do you want to make and WHY?)
- Office hours are Mon-Thurs (9a-5p) with some volunteer activities occurring after regular business hours and on weekends.
- What specific skills do you HOPE to bring to our mission and the position you believe you are qualified for?
- What most interests you about LiFE OF HOPE?
LiFE & WELLNESS COACH - click for details
(Overview) – Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), SUPPORT Liaison, also known as the Stabilization Support Specialist (SSS), and SUPPORT Assist, the LiFE & Wellness Coach will spearhead employee (client) mental health screenings and support relationships, managing “on-location” activities relating to the Wellness 4 LiFE program. The Wellness 4 LiFE program is the newest program offered by LiFE OF HOPE and is in the development and pilot stages. It is believed that this program will serve as both a significant influence on the prevention of suicide attempt and referral point for those affected by suicide ideation, survived attempt, and loss, into the LiFE OF HOPE nonprofit as the organization continues to grow.
The LiFE & Wellness Coach plays a vital role in the Wellness 4 LiFE program. Working on-site of participating businesses, the coach works directly with individuals engaged in Wellness 4 LiFE, a multi-part Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Through a three-part screening process and support resource matching process, participants come to better understand the influences impacting their mental health and tools/resources to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
As a high achieving, competent professional, you will grasp the LOH mission, “WHY” statement, use peer related experience to build trust with employees/guests (clients), maintain strong partner referral relationships, track all participating employee engagement with respect and autonomy, and place a high priority on personal self-care and wellness. The LiFE & Wellness Coach will have the opportunity to enhance the development function of this position.
(Expectations & Responsibilities) –
- Serve as a figure head of the organization by attending area events where collaborative discussions and activities are present for advancing the mission through explanation of SUPPORT programs and increasing inbound referrals.
- Continually seek opportunities to expand knowledge in the fields of all seven key influences to health and wellness (environmental, intellectual, occupational, psychological, physical, social, and spiritual) and the prevention of suicide, sharing best practices, research findings, and reasoning for how and why specific mental health skill sets work better than others with fellow staff members and Wellness 4 LiFE participants/guests alike.
- Effectively use time, resources, and tools to help each employee identify specific lived experiences and behaviors contributing to their psychological pain.
- Develop and implement a recovery plan for each employee that will maximize the synergies among all internal LiFE OF HOPE programs, employer Human Resources, and community partner organizations.
- Engage employees through empathetic, change evoking, and empowerment approaches.
- Introduce three screenings (ACEs, PHQ9, and LiFE Experiences), recording details collected through an interview-style conversation in a thorough, professional, and respectful manner both electronically and in written hand.
- Maintain proper employee/guest and program participant records, ensuring they contain current information and remain well-organized and categorized.
- Match guest’s needs and interests with programs, strategies, tools, and skills specific to each identified need, establishing an expanded network of support unique to the individual being served.
- Remain organized in such a way that the Executive Director and SUPPORT Liaison can easily access records as needed – while protecting ALL guest information from being accessed by other members of the LOH team, participating employer staff, or visitors to the office before, during, or after regular office hours.
- Provide referral options for employee’s family members who may be experiencing health and wellness challenges.
- In partnership with the SUPPORT Assist, regularly review known resources to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness of mental health and social services provided to individuals and their families.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to the SUPPORT Assist, utilizing their skills and availability to ensure employee/guests and programs are achieving positive outcomes.
- Provide information and assistance to individuals interested in or in need of emergency assistance, professional mental health referral, and other forms of public or community support (this might involve follow up calls to referral agencies to ensure follow up / through by outside agencies and guests).
- Connect regularly with employees/guests via phone and email to perform wellness checks and maintain ongoing communications / support, acting as an advocate for long term health and mental wellness.
- Offer guests opportunities for self-discovery and empowerment beyond their communicated psychological pain by introducing healthy coping skill exercises, mental health articles, shared lived experiences, empathic encouragement, and an expanded network of support for improved and sustainable mental health.
- Review each guest’s lived experiences and progress, conducting a re-screening every 12 months, as participating companies renew their agreement for continuing Wellness 4 LiFE in their workplace, emphasizing the fluidity of change, growth, and outlook for continued sustainability of good health and wellness.
- Work with internal Human Resources staff, as agreed to by employees to develop, review, and refine guest engagement in company provided health and wellness benefits.
- Collect and accurately record survey feedback from participating companies and employees.
- Provide monthly activities and outcomes report to the SUPPORT Liaison for the prior month, no later than the second business day of each month.
- Adhere to standards that meet or exceed organizational confidentiality / anonymity standards, including maintaining guest engagement records.
- Place priority on personal wellness, discussing openly with the Executive Director, difficult guests, challenges within the position, and options for improving personal, sustainable mental health in and beyond the workplace.
- Actively participate in program improvement planning.
- Represent the programs and mission with a message consistent with the organizations brand image.
- Create and maintain a culture by inclusion which attracts, secures, retains, and motivates a diverse guest base.
(Skills) – This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to proficiently use a computer, the internet, phone, scanner, copier and other communication and research tools is necessary and required. It also requires strong public speaking skills, engaging large and small groups, and the ability to work with a diverse population with compassion and understanding.
(Qualifications) – Certification as a Peer Specialist, Motivational Interviewer, and/or Social Work background is desired with 2-5 years’ experience serving community social issues required. Proven track record in helping individuals overcome significant health/wellness, and psychological challenges through peer style support is required. Experience in strategic planning is a plus with a proven track record within a non-profit setting preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter, including response to the following four questions to ED@LiFEofHOPEproject.org.
Type “LOH WEB LiFE & WELLNESS COACH CANDIDATE” in your email subject line.
Q1 – What 3 things do you find most of interest (or interesting) on the LiFE OF HOPE website: www.LiFEofHOPEproject.org?
Q2 – Why do you believe you are the ideal candidate for the LiFE OF HOPE LiFE & WELLNESS COACH position?
Q3 – Why is this position or the LOH mission an ideal opportunity for you?
Q4 – What are your compensation requirements (wage per hour / annual, vacation / sick / holiday leave). Note: No health benefits are available.