- Who (we strive to reach): one community, one family, one LiFE at a time
- Where (geographic area): washington county and byond
- What (the mission): reduce the number of suicide attempts thereby leading to a natural reduction in the lives lost to (and affected by) suicide.
- How (hope in action): raise a healthy awareness of risk factors, behaviors, protective factors, and intervention options associated with suicide, void of judgment or shame, through a message of HOPE and healing
- Why (it matters): SUICIDE IS PREVENTABLE
What (the vision): create a world without suicide
LiFE OF HOPE provides programs and resources to help people better understand the topic of suicide risk factors, behaviors, protective factors, and the LiFE that exists through HOPE and healing. Ours is a message of HOPE, because with hope, all things (even healing, happiness, forgiveness, understanding, and LiFE) are possible. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. While the feelings of isolation, fear, shame, and overwhelming helplessness are very real for those who come to believe their struggle to survive is one they can no longer endure, there is HOPE and a LiFE-time worthy of living.
By raising AWARENESS, increasing EDUCATION, and providing SUPPORT to those most closely affected by thoughts of suicide, we strive to prevent suicide attempts. We believe that a reduction in suicide attempt will led to a natural reduction of lives lost to suicide. Improving healthy coping through connection and the introduction of protective factors, HOPE and healing are possible!
Join our mission! Contact us today to learn more about our programs, events, and the many volunteer roles within LiFE OF HOPE!
LiFE OF HOPE is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization in Washington County, Wisconsin with a mission to raise awareness and prevent suicide attempts and deaths in our community and beyond. In partnership with others, we are dedicated to reducing the negative stigma associated with mental illness and suicide attempt through awareness, education, support, and intervention resources.
Our programs are designed to provide HOPE and healing to those effected by suicide ideation, survived attempt, and loss by addressing the topic from a community perspective. Our Three Pillars of Influence include:
We welcome men, women, families, businesses, and organizations to join us in our mission to reach all members of our community with our message of HOPE and healing. Suicide effects everyone. Together we can light the way for those who are in need of a new perspective.
SUICIDE IS PREVENTABLE
One LiFE at a time.