- Who (we strive to reach): one community, one family, one LiFE at a time
- Where (geographic area): washington county, wisconsin, and beyond
- What (the mission): reduce the number of suicide attempts thereby leading to a natural reduction in the lives lost to (and affected by) suicide.
- How (hope in action): raise awareness, increase education, and provide support to those most closely affected by suicide ideation, survived attempt, and loss; make suicide a talkable topic
- Why (it matters): SUICIDE IS PREVENTABLE
What (the vision): create a world without suicide
LiFE OF HOPE is in the business of saving lives that may otherwise end prematurely by suicide. We are a 501c3, nonprofit located in West Bend, Wisconsin – serving Washington County and the surrounding communities. Some individuals have traveled across state lines to take part in our comprehensive, peer-based suicide attempt and loss diversion approach to HOPE and healing. Since launching in January 2015, more than 5,000 people have connected with the LiFE OF HOPE mission. Of those, more than 130, ages 9 and up, have come to us in some level of suicide ideation. To date, none have been lost to suicide.
Our Board of Directors, Office Staff and Volunteers, and area partners are dedicated to:
- Raising AWARENESS – of the risk factors, behaviors, intervention options, and protective factors associated with suicide, making suicide a talkable topic and helping to identify those most at risk of dying before the risk of (re)attempt occurs.
- Increasing EDUCATION – for the empowerment of those who desire to be part of the solution, proving that not only is suicide preventable, but that we all have the capacity to SAVE-A-LiFE.
- Provide SUPPORT – to those most closely affected by the topic of suicide ideation, survived attempt, and loss, through peer-based, lived experience, free of judgement or shame through a message of HOPE and healing.
Knowledge IS emPOWERment. When we know better, we do better.
Our programs are designed to provide HOPE and healing to those affected by suicide ideation, survived attempt, and loss. We do this by addressing the topic from a community perspective.
Our Three Pillars of Influence:
We welcome all people and organizations to join us in our mission to reach all members of our community with our message of HOPE and healing. Suicide effects everyone. Together, we can light the way for those who are in need of a new perspective.
SUICIDE IS PREVENTABLE.
One LiFE at a time.